GATE Exam 2021 will be soon conducted to screen the candidates for the most reputed educational institutes of India i.e IIT, NIT etc. These institutes will offer M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D, etc. courses in various disciplines. The notification for the same is released in August 2020. Candidates must know every minute information related to the exam like exam pattern, exam date, eligibility, Previous Year cut off marks and so on. The prior information will make your pace forward to success in the upcoming GATE Exam 2021. Below is the list of GATE 2021 Papers and their Corresponding Codes.
|GATE Aerospace Engineering||AE|
|GATE Agricultural Engineering||AG|
|GATE Architecture and Planning||AR|
|GATE Bio-Medical Engineering||BM|
|GATE Civil Engineering||CE|
|GATE Chemical Engineering||CH|
|GATE Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|GATE Electrical Engineering||EE|
|GATE Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|GATE Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|GATE Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|GATE Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|GATE Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|GATE Mining Engineering||MN|
|GATE Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|GATE Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|GATE Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|GATE Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|GATE Humanities and Social Sciences||XH**|
|GATE Life Sciences||XL***|
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or popularly known as GATE conducts an Entrance exam which serves as a gateway to all Engineering aspirants to fulfil their dream of getting a Master’s Degree. GATE Exam is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE under the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development. The GATE is a Computer-based examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. This year’s GATE 2021 Exam will be conducted by the IIT Bombay and will be offering admission into M.Tech and M.Sc programs in Engineering , Technology. Using the GATE scores, candidates can also get recruitment in various reputed Public sector units (PSUs ) like BHEL, GAIL, etc. Once you get your GATE Scores, these Scores will be valid for 3 years. GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) will start from 14th September 2020 and will end on 30th September 2020 . The admit card for the same will be released on 8th January 2021. The education qualification eligibility varies from Degree to Degree but candidates must have at least a graduation degree to apply for the exam. Candidates must grab this finest opportunity, but before you apply you should have sound knowledge about eligibility criteria for the exam, exam pattern, exam date, etc. As GATE is one of the most competitive exams in India, therefore our experts have curated all the necessary information required to make you stay ahead from the masses.
GATE Notification 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates, it’s time to mark your calendar with all the important upcoming events for the GATE Exam 2021. As it is one of the most highly competitive exams the prior information about welcoming events will help you plan your preparation with the best strategy. Our experts have garnered all important events right from the beginning that is from online application process dates to declaration of the result. Read the table below to know all important dates about the upcoming GATE Exam 2021.
|Exam Events||Important Exam Dates|
|Online Application Process Starts||12th September 2020|
|Last Date of Application Process||7th October 2020|
|Last Date of Extended Period for Online Application||12th October 2020|
|Last date of intimation to Registered Candidates after Scrutiny||21st October 2020|
|Re-Opening of GOAPS Portal (for Registered Candidates) to change Category / City / Exam paper(Rs. 500 to be charged for a change in Category and Paper )||28th October 2020|
|Last Date of Requesting Change of Examination City||13th November 2020|
|Admit Card Released||8th January 2021|
|GATE Exam Date: Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative) Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)||5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th & 14th February 2021|
|Declaration of Results||22nd March 2021|
|Scorecard Available||26th March – 31st May 2021|
GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria is a very prime factor every candidate must cross-check before applying for the exam. Board has set education qualification eligibility for all the streams examination. Read the information below to know about age criteria and Educational Qualification required for the exam
- Age Criteria: No Age Limit in GATE, candidates from any age group can apply for the exam.
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen. Foreign candidates can also apply for the exam but they need to fulfill the required eligibility criteria. For Foreign nationals, SC / ST / PwD categories are not applicable.
- Candidates who have obtained / are pursuing their qualifying degree from outside India Must be currently in the 3rd year or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree in their field of Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
In the table below we have mentioned Educational Qualification for the GATE Exam 2021. Candidates must have a qualifying degree for the stream he/she is applying for. Read the detailed information below:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Eligible Candidates Description||Passing Year Should not be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (four years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed||2022|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)/Naval Architecture (four years course)/Planning (four years course)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed||2023 (for 5-year program), 2022 (for 4-year program)|
|B.Sc. (Research)/B.S.||Bachelor’s degree holder e in Science Stream (Post-Diploma/four years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed||2022|
|Pharm. D.(after 10+2)||6 years degree program, consisting of internship or residency training, during 3rd year onwards||Pursuing in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or already completed||2024|
|M.B.B.S.||M.B.B.S. Degree holders and those who are in the 5th/6th/7th semester or higher||5th, 6th, 7th or already completed||2022|
|M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the 1st year or higher or already Completed||2022|
|Int.M.E./M.Tech.(Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology of 4 years program||Pursuing in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2024|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)||Candidate must be currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2023|
|B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.||Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3 years program)||Currently in the 3rd year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the 3rd year or already completed||2022|
|ProfessionalSociety Examinations(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Note: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or has already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, the candidate will be allowed to appear in the GATE 2021 exam.
GATE Notification 2021 Exam Pattern
The GATE Exam will be conducted online for all streams. It will be a Computer Based test in which Multiple Choice questions will be asked by the authority. The GATE CSE Exam Pattern, GATE ME Exam Pattern, GATE CE Exam Pattern, GATE EE Exam Pattern and GATE EC Exam Pattern is similar. Read the table below to know the detailed information about the exam pattern for the GATE 2021.
|Mode of Examination||Online/ Computer-based Test|
|Total no. of questions||65|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections||General Aptitude and Subject Specific|
GATE CG Exam Pattern, GATE XE Exam Pattern, GATE XH Exam Pattern and GATE XL Exam Pattern have 2 sections other than GA.
GATE Marking Scheme
Refer the table below to know the detailed marking scheme of GATE 2021 as per the subjects.
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST and BM||15||85||100|
|GATE GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100|
|GATE XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|GATE XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|GATE XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
- The GATE Exam for 2021 will be conducted Online.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The exam will have a mix of NAT (Numerical Answer Type), MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
Marking Scheme for GATE 2021
- Candidates will be asked 65 questions over a duration of 3 hours.
- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3 rd for 1 mark MCQ questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 2/3rd for 2 mark MCQ questions.
- The GATE Exam consists of a total of 100 marks.
- There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in MSQ and NAT questions. However, there is NO partial credit also.
- In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks which includes 5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks each making the total of 15 marks.
- Question Papers other than GG, XE, XH and XL will have 25 questions carrying 1-mark each and 3 questions of 2 marks each.
How to Apply for GATE 2021?
Direct Link to Apply for GATE 2021 – Click Here!
*Note: Link will be activated soon
- Click the link given above.
- Candidates must register themselves by filling up the necessary information.
- Save your Registration Id and Password for future reference.
- Log in with the Registration Id and Password.
- Fill up important details.
- Candidates must upload their recent photograph and signature.
- Submit your application form.
- Proceed for Payment of Application Fees.
- Alternatively, you can also find the link on the GATE Official Website.
- Candidates will find a link that says, “GOAPS is open now! “
- Follow the above steps carefully!
Important points related to aplication process
- Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Prof/Capt/Maj/Lt/Col., etc. MUST NOT be used.
- Once you click on the “Submit button and Proceed to Payment” button, NO further changes can be made in the application form. So, ensure all the details are correct.
- Person with Disability (PwD) / Dyslexic candidate has the option of availing scribe assistance during the GATE 2021 examination.
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph in colour with white background is required for the GATE Application Form. Face of the candidate must cover 60% – 70% of the above mentioned size of the photograph.
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 sized white paper and sign with black/dark blue ink pen within this box. The signature should occupy 70~80% of the box size. The file size should fall between 10 kB (minimum) to 200 kB (maximum).
- Once the candidate has filled the application form, they have to upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and category certificate (if applicable) as per the specifications of exam authority.
– Passport size photograph 2 kb -200 kb
– Signature in running handwriting 2 kb-150 kb
– Category Certificate (if applicable) 10 kb -300 kb
– PwD Certificate (if applicable) 10 kb – 300 kb
- GATE application forms will be scrutinized for the accuracy of the data, which includes uploaded copies of supporting documents, clarity of the photograph and signature. If everything is as per the guidelines, then the application form will be accepted.
- The defects found in the GATE application will be marked and intimated to the candidate for rectification, which has to be rectified within the stipulated given time. The intimation will be done via e-mail and/or SMS mentioned by the candidate in the application form.
Application Fee for GATE 2021
Below we have mentioned the Application fee for the Exam center of GATE in India and for Exam center outside India. The application fee has to be filled through online mode like internet banking, visa card, etc.
|For Examination Centres in India||Fees to be Paid (Rs.)||During the Extended Period|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||750||1250|
|All other candidates||1500||2000|
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)||Fees to be Paid||During the Extended Period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2021 Application Form Status
Candidates can check their form status i.e. whether the authority has received the form or not. It also tells if the application form submitted by you needs any correction or not. Hence, we advise candidates to keep visiting GOAPS to check the status of the GATE Online Application. The status will be displayed from one of the below-mentioned categories:
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
- Status after Rectification
- Rejected with Valid Reason
GATE 2021 Admit Card
GATE 2021 Admit Card will be available from 8th January 2021 to download. Candidates can either click on the direct link given below or follow the steps mentioned below to download the GATE Hall Ticket 2021.
- Click the GATE 2021 Admit Card Link
- Enter your Registration Number and Password
- Admit Card will have your exam center, name photograph, and signature.
- Candidates must verify the given information before downloading the GATE Admit Card.
- Candidates must print multiple copies of the admit card for GATE 2021 to avoid discrepancies on the exam day.
- In case of any discrepancy, you should immediately report the conducting authority i.e. IIT Delhi.
- Your GATE Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen
- Take the Printout of GATE Admit Card 2021
GATE Examination Centres
Candidates must have prior knowledge about GATE Examination Centers beforehand as it will help you to reach conveniently at your center on the day of the exam. The board has divided exam centers according to the different zones. In the table below we have framed the exam center for zones bifurcated by the board.GATE 2021 exam will be conducted in selected cities & towns in India as well as in 6 cities abroad. This table will help you to fill your examination center when you will apply for the GATE Exam 2020.
|Zone No.||Zonal GATE Office||Tentative List of Examination Cities/Towns|
|1||IISc Bangalore Bengaluru – 560 012||Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Belagavi (Belgaum), Ballari (Bellary), Bengaluru South, Bengaluru North, Bidar, Chikkamagaluru, Davanagere, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
|2||IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076||Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Chandrapur, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai-Navi Mumbai-Thane, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Raigad, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Vadodara (27).|
|3||IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110 016||Bikaner, Ajmer, Alwar, Faridabad-Palwal, Greater NOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Rohtak, Srinagar, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain, Jammu-Samba, Jodhpur|
|4||IIT Guwahati Guwahati – 781 039||Agartala, Aizawl, Asansol-Durgapur, Bokaro Steel City, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Dimapur-Kohima, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
|5||IIT Kanpur Kanpur – 208 016||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|6||IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur – 721 302||Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Eluru, Hooghly (WB), Jamshedpur, Kakinada (AP), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|7||IIT Madras Chennai – 600 036||Alappuzha, Aluva-Ernakulam, Attingal, Chengannur, Chennai South, Chennai West, Chirala, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Namakkal, Nellore, Ongole, Puducherry, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal|
|8||IIT Roorkee Roorkee – 247 667||Ambala, Amritsar, Bathinda, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur-Una (HP), Jalandhar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali-Chandigarh, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala-Sangrur, Roorkee, Shimla-Solan, Yamunanagar|
|9||GATE International*OI- IIT Bombay||Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore|
Note: The GATE exam to be held at International Centres will only be conducted if the travel and other infrastructural issues will be normalized. If the situation doesn’t change from the current Pandemic situation, then the GATE 2021 International Centres will be CANCELLED .
How to Change GATE 2021 Exam Center?
If you are facing any issue with the already filled exam center in your application then in this case, the board has provided a facility to change the exam center. Candidates can change their exam city in the GATE application form by sending a request to the authorities. Candidates must send requests through the official website of GOAPS. An additional fee will be required to pay to change the exam city.
- Candidates must have a valid reason why they want to change the exam center.
- Candidates have to pay a fee of Rupees 400 against the changes in the application form.
- Fee payment will be done online only.
Important Instructions to be followed at GATE 2021 Exam Center
We know during the exam your mind must be preoccupied with exam related thoughts that you will not be able to focus on other important information like important instruction of GATE Exam Center. These instructions are extremely important to know as ignoring it may lead to the cancellation of your candidature. Given below is a set of instructions that must be followed at GATE Exam Center-
- Candidates must be permitted to enter the exam center only with a valid GATE 2021 Admit Card and a Photo ID proof.
- Candidates must reach the exam center at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled exam.
- Board will provide scribble pads for rough work and it must be returned back after the exam.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on-screen for the calculation work.
- Candidates are not permitted to leave the exam hall during the exam.
- Entry to the exam hall will be prohibited after 9:30 AM (for morning session) and 15:30 PM (for afternoon session).
- Candidates will be allowed to sit in the exam only if your credentials are verified by the center officials.
Dos’ at GATE Exam Centers
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination.
- Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes prior to the start of examination
- If the candidate fails to reach the examination hall in the prescribed time they will miss a few important instructions to be announced at the center.
- The candidate must show the admit card when asked for entering the examination hall.
- A seat with a specific roll number shall be allotted to each candidate. The candidate must carefully find and occupy the allotted seat only.
- In case they are found in a different examination room or on a different seat then their candidature will be cancelled.
- Biometric information for candidates may be captured before the commencement of the test.
Registration trends in GATE
Statistics show that the number of applicants registering for GATE 2020 has dropped. In the year 2020, a total of 8,58,030 candidates had registered for the examination which is quite low with comparison to the previous years. 6,85,088 candidates appeared for the GATE examination last year. The reason for the drop in the registration can be due to the increase in the fees of M.Tech Courses which was announced by IIT Council in 2019. A hike of 10% was proposed to be introduced in a phased manner. However, the IIT Council later postponed the decision till further notice.
GATE Changes in Eligibility
Below are some changes in the GATE Eligibility this year. Candidates are requested to go through these criteria carefully.
- No minimum or maximum age limit
- The minimum educational qualification requirement which was earlier 10+2+4 (ongoing) last year has been reduced to a minimum of 10+2+3 (ongoing) for this year.
- No minimum percentage required to appear for GATE
- No prescribed attempt limit
- Candidates can opt for 2 subjects/ papers from the prescribed set of combinations instead of 1.
- Applicants who have passed/ appeared in Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or Post Graduation in relevant discipline are eligible for GATE 2021
GATE 2021 Answer Key
The GATE will release the final answer key for the GATE 2021 Exam. IIT Mumbai will release the official Answer Keys for GATE 2021 (all papers) at its Official Website. There will be a separate question paper and answer key sets for all the separate sessions. Candidates can view The GATE answer keys by logging in user Registration details.
answer in case the correct response is not mentioned in the key. Candidates can challenge the tentative answer key by paying a nominal fee.
GATE Result 2021
As per the official notice, GATE 2021 result will be announced on 22nd March 2021 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. Candidates can visit the website and download the GATE Result with the help of their application number and other credentials. GATE Marks will be announced as per the stream and paper code. GATE 2021 scorecard will be out after 1 days of the result declaration and will be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE 2020 Previous Year Cutoff
GATE 2020 subject-wise cutoff has been announced by the IIT Delhi along with the result. We have mentioned the GATE cut-off marks as per the paper code and the various categories. The prior information about minimum qualifying marks will help you to know the essence of toughness in the exam. Read the table below to get detailed information about the Previous Year GATE Cut-off Marks:
|Paper Code||Qualifying Marks|
|GATE XL Cut-Off||31.7||28.5||21.1|
|GATE CE Cut-Off||32.9||29.6||21.9|
|GATE EE Cut-Off||33.4||30.0||22.2|
|GATE CS Cut-Off||28.5||35.6||19.0|
|GATE ME Cut-Off||34.0||30.6||22.6|
|GATE PE Cut-Off||39.8||35.8||26.5|
|GATE EC Cut-Off||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|GATE CH Cut-Off||35.7||32.1||23.8|
|GATE CY Cut-Off||26.7||24.0||17.8|
|GATE BT Cut-Off||30.7||27.6||20.4|
|GATE XE Cut-Off||26.0||23.4||17.3|
|GATE TF Cut-Off||37.1||33.3||24.7|
|GATE AE Cut-Off||27.2||24.4||18.1|
|GATE AG Cut-Off||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|GATE AR Cut-Off||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|GATE EY Cut-Off||42.2||37.9||28.1|
|GATE GG Cut-Off||38.4||34.5||25.6|
|GATE GG Cut-Off||51.9||46.7||34.6|
|GATE IN Cut-Off||34.6||31.1||23.0|
|GATE MA Cut-Off||25||22.5||16.7|
|GATE MN Cut-Off||32.7||29.4||21.8|
|GATE MT Cut-Off||49.2||44.2||32.8|
|GATE PH Cut-Off||37.2||33.4||24.8|
|GATE PI Cut-Off||36.6||32.9||24.4|
|GATE ST Cut-Off||25||22.5||16.6|
|GATE BM Cut-Off||25.0||22.5||16.6|
Difference Between GATE Qualifying Cut-Off Vs. Admission Cut Off
Candidates often get confused between GATE Qualifying Cut-Off and Admission Cut Off. Here we have mentioned a few points that will help you differentiate between the two.
|GATE Qualifying Cutoff||GATE Admission Cutoff|
|Published by the organizing IIT which is IIT Bombay this year||Published by the institutes individually|
|Cut-off is decided as per performances of the candidates, the category they belong to and previous cut off trends||Admission Cut off is decided as per the number of applicants received, seats available, category of the candidate|
|Not applicable for admission||Applicable for admission|
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2021
GATE not only offers the Masters Course in the most respected education institute but the scorecard of GATE will also guarantee you a job in Public Sector Undertakings or commonly known as PSUs are Government-owned corporations. For PSU recruitment through GATE 2021 candidates have to use their valid GATE exam scores to be shortlisted for the job. There are various companies which even offer direct recruitment on the basis of candidate’s GATE scores, tests, interviews, or group discussions. In the table below we have mentioned is the list of all the PSUs whose application dates have started or will be starting soon. Go through the table carefully.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI)
Main Reasons Behind the Popularity Of PSU Recruitment through GATE
Through GATE score PSU Recruitment has been soaring in popularity among eligible candidates due to a variety of factors:
- GATE scores are often seen as unbiased in nature. The GATE scores are used for the recruitment process so that no one feels unfair.
- PSUs offer stable jobs with a handsome salary. The secure job is usually for a lifetime for the candidates. However at PSUs organization, more than ability, seniority is awarded.
- PSU also grants a lot of perks to its employees like house allowances, health care facilities, and more. Additional perks (foreign trips, extended leaves, and more) may depend on the head so the employees are advised to keep a positive equation with him/her.